Must-Have Products for Large Breed and Giant Breed Dogs
This post contains affiliate links from which I may receive a small compensation. There is NO ADDED COST to you should you use these links.
This product has literally changed my life! Years ago we bought a large ramp for our Ford Explorer that we would have to take in and out of our car. It worked ok, but it was large, heavy, and took up a great deal of space in the car. I got the Twistep as a Christmas gift two years ago and it is AWESOME! If you have a large vehicle like a truck, van, or SUV, I can’t recommend the Twistep enough!
Be sure to check out my comments and another video in The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide For Big Dog Owners.
- An instant, multi-use dog step that provides dogs and people better access to your SUV
- Install once, step twists under car for storage, with no need to remove after each use
- Fits 1. 25-inch and 2-inch hitch receivers and allows for 6 inches of height adjustment
- Fully assembled out of the box, simple and easy to use in minutes with BONUS Hitch Lock included for additional security
- Large Platform holds 400 lbs. and has a non-slip surface
This is my absolute favorite dog bed for outdoors! We live in Arizona where in the summer temperatures can reach 115+ degrees. Despite the brutal weather, our Kuranda Dog Bed is 3 years old and looks like the day we bought it! It is durable and super easy to clean. I can’t recommend this bed highly enough, especially for big dog owners!
- Patented, CHEWPROOF HIGH STRENGTH, lightweight aircraft grade aluminum frame supports up to 250lbs.
- Elevated/Raised orthopedic design to keep your dog dry, cool, and comfortable indoors and outdoors.
- Easy to Clean, guaranteed to stand up to repeated cleaning.
- Vinyl Weave is water proof and its open weave allows water and air to pass through the fabric, its great for outdoor use. Not covered under the Kuranda warranty
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY on Frames, but not Vinyl Weave fabric / Outside Dimensions: 50x36x9 / Fabric Area: 46x32
3. Big Barker 7" Orthopedic Dog Bed with Pillow-Top (Headrest Edition) | Dog Beds Made for Large, Extra Large & XXL Size Dog Breeds | Removable Durable Microfiber Cover | Made in USA
The Big Barker is a popular bed for big dog owners and we are no exception. Sulley and Junior have two Big Barkers , one in the living room and one in the bedroom, and they love them. With 330 lbs of dog laying on these beds every day, all day, I am impressed with how they have held up. An added bonus is how easy they are to clean – just unzip the cover and throw it in the wash.
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: Foam will retain 90% of original shape & loft for 10 years or your money back.
- WON'T FLATTEN: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds. Won't flatten or pancake over time.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by craftsmen and craftswomen in our small California workshop that's been making artisan furniture for over 30 years.
- EASY TO CLEAN: machine washable. 100% Microfiber cover. Soft to the touch, looks great in your home.
4. Dremel 8050-N/18 Micro Cordless Rotary Tool Kit with Docking Station- Engraver, Polisher, and Detail Sander- Ideal for Glass Engraving, Wood Carving, Sanding, Polishing, and Cutting- 18 Accessories
In my opinion, there is no better invention for the cutting of dog nails on the planet than theDremel. I used manual clippers for years but got frustrated by how long the process took and how sore my hand would get cutting huge nails. I switched to theDremel a few years ago and I will never go back! It takes a little bit to get your dog conditioned to the sound and feel of the Dremel but once they are, it’s a beautiful thing! I cut Junior and Sulley’s nails once a week and they love it. It has gotten to the point that I have to spell out “NAILS CUT” so Sulley doesn’t jump out of his fur in excitement unless I am prepared to cut them right then. I use the kit pictured here with the separate flexible shaft attachment, but I also recommend the cordless option for folks new to the Dremel.
- Speeds from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM
- Compatible with all Dremel accessories and attachments
- Includes 50 accessories
- 360-degree grip zone for control in any position
- Deluxe carrying case included.Cord Length: 6[ft]
- Sleek ergonomic design makes it light and easy to handle for detailed projects and tight spaces
- New LED smart features such as front-end lighting, variable speed indicator and fuel gauge allow for optimal use
- Compact 8V max lithium-ion battery for power in a smaller size, always ready and no memory effects
- Docking station continually charges so the tool is always fully charged and ready to use
- Charge Time: 3 Hours 45 Minutes
- Pamela Dennison
- Publisher: Shadow Pub
- Edition no. 1 (09/21/2015)
- Paperback: 223 pages
- training field calm aggressive behavior
- Turid Rugaas
- Publisher: Direct Book Service
- Edition no. 2 (12/14/2005)
- Paperback: 78 pages
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Patricia B. McConnell Ph.D.
- Publisher: McConnell Publishing
- Edition no. 3 (01/01/1996)
- Paperback: 16 pages
TOOLS I USE FOR THIS WEBSITE
I started with Mail Chimp when I launched Big Dog Mom in May 2017. It was just ok for what I needed and wanted at the time. But as this site has grown, I found MC not able to meet my growing needs.
I switched to ConvertKit in 2018 and have been so happy! ConvertKit is intuitive, easy to set up, and a reliable platform on which to manage your email and newsletter subscribers in a legally compliant and privacy-focused way. With beautiful forms and landing pages and easy integration with other platforms like WordPress and Kajabi, ConvertKit is is my go-to email management system.
Get 12 months for the price of 10 when you pay annually. Get your 14-day FREE trial here.
If you are looking for the absolute BEST website host out there… look no further. I switched from Go Daddy to Siteground in December 2018 and haven’t looked back! With faster speed and outstanding support, I can’t recommend Siteground highly enough! Feel free to contact me with any questions you have or if you are trying to decide if Siteground is the right host for your website.
The BEST platform for creating an online course or membership site from which to share your knowledge and gifts to serve others. Click here for up to date pricing. Get a 20% off with annual billing.
No risk, no contracts, and no long-term commitment. Cancel anytime, hassle-free.
Pinterest and Instagram scheduling made easy! Tailwind saves me so much time and ensures my content gets in front of the dog owners who need it most around the clock!