Hi, I’m Stephanie, aka Big Dog Mom™, and I serve large and giant breed dogs by informing and empowering the people who love them. With decades of experience as a big dog owner, over 20 years of which has been devoted to health, nutrition, and behavior of dogs, I serve over ten thousand dog owners with tips and advice for a happier, healthier life with their big dog. With a BS in Microbiology, an MBA, and a passion for writing, Big Dog Mom™ combines my professional skills and love of big dogs into an award winning blog and purpose-driven brand.
I proudly share my life with my husband, two children, and the inspiration for Big Dog Mom™, my two Mastiffs, Junior and Sulley.
My motto is “Life is a journey: Live it with purpose and a positive attitude.”
And just when you thought Big Dog Mom™ was all business, here are a few fun facts about me:
- I am strangely obsessed with dog nails
- I listen to Disturbed’s “Sound of Silence” on repeat
- I am hopelessly addicted to Diet Coke, candy, and The Walking Dead
- I love to run, but don’t do it near enough. My bucket list includes running a full marathon.
- I led a successful 15 year career in corporate America before “early retiring” to stay home with my kids.
- I am a wannabe pet photographer who can’t seem to get a shot without tongues and slobber.
- My birthday is the day before Halloween, yet everything “haunted” terrifies me.
After saying all of that, if Big Dog Mom™ sounds like your jam, I enthusiastically invite you to join my rapidly growing community of big dog lovers. You can do so by clicking here.