Who We Are
Hi, I’m Stephanie, aka Big Dog Mom™, and I serve large breed and giant breed dogs by empowering, educating, and inspiring the people who love them. With decades of experience as a big dog owner, over 30 years of which has been devoted to health, nutrition, and behavior of dogs, I serve tens of thousands of dog owners with tips and advice for a happier, healthier life with their big dog. With a BS in Microbiology, an MBA, and a passion for writing, Big Dog Mom™ combines my professional skills and love of big dogs into an award winning blog and purpose-driven brand.
I proudly share my life with my husband, two children, and the inspiration for Big Dog Mom™, my two Mastiffs, Junior and Sulley.
My motto is “Life is a journey: Live it with purpose and a positive attitude.”
And just when you thought Big Dog Mom™ was all business, here are a few fun facts about me:
- I am strangely obsessed with dog nails
- I listen to Disturbed’s “Sound of Silence” on repeat
- I am hopelessly addicted to Diet Coke, candy, and The Walking Dead
- I won the BlogPaws award for BEST DOG BLOG of 2018 only a year after BigDogMom.com was launched.
- I love to run, but don’t do it near enough. My bucket list includes running a full marathon (at least one).
- I led a successful 15 year career in corporate America before “early retiring” to stay home with my kids.
- I am a wannabe pet photographer who can’t seem to get a shot without tongues and slobber.
- My birthday is the day before Halloween, yet everything “haunted” terrifies me.
After saying all of that, if Big Dog Mom™ sounds like your jam, I enthusiastically invite you to join my rapidly growing community of large and giant breed dog lovers. You can do so by clicking here.
Ready to get started? If you would like to know the best place to start, it’s right here.
Or choose from a few out of the archives:
- The Best of Big Dog Mom and the Future of a Brand
- Big Dog Mom is the BlogPaws Winner for Best Dog Blog of 2018
- Big Dogs are NOT Right for Everyone: Are you a Good Fit?
Work With Big Dog Mom™
Big Dog Mom™ is an award-winning brand, educational and entertaining blog, that focuses on life with large breed and giant breed dogs.
The blog features me (Stephanie) and my two Mastiffs, Junior and Sulley, and highlights topics such as health, wellness, nutrition, travel, behavior, training, product reviews and much, much more.
Through my content and research, I inspire and empower my readers to:
- Enhance their dog’s life through training, sports and travel
- Create a healthier lifestyle with their big dog(s)
- Improve the partnership with their dogs through better communication and understanding
If you think your brand, product, or service is a good match for the Big Dog Mom™ audience, please contact me (Stephanie) for a current media kit, a no obligation 20-minute strategy session (delivered over phone or email), and custom quote.
**Please note, due to the amount of requests and time commitments made to paid sponsors, Big Dog Mom™ can no longer write about services or products in exchange for “free product” or “exposure”.